THURSDAY, 10 SEPTEMBER 2015 19:34 PDF
BY CHENEEN R. CAPON
A TOTAL of 12 Japanese consultants representing different companies arrived last week to conduct a pre-feasibility study on the best possible route of the proposed bridge linking Davao City and the Island Garden City of Samal (Igacos).
“The group is studying on eight possible routes,” Department of Public Works and Highways 11 regional director Mariano Alquino said at the sidelines of the briefing convergence tourism road project of the DPWH and the Department of Tourism (DOT) at Barangay Camudmud in Babak District, Igacos last Wednesday.
Read 28 times | Posted 2 days ago Sep 14, 2015 Clifford Santillan Region 11 0
DAVAO DEL NORTE – – President Benigno Aquino III inaugurated on September 9 the Island Garden City of Samal (IGACOS) Circumferential Road, Babak-Camudmud Section, Babak District.
The 6.3-km Babak-Camudmud concrete road is part of the 96.3-km Circumferential Road, which is included in the Tourism Road Infrastructure Program of the Department of Tourism (DOT) and Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) Convergence Program.
According to the data from the DPWH, 26.413-km of the circumferential road were already funded amounting to P875-million and of which 18.749 kms were already paved and 7.664 kms are still under construction.
The data also shows that an additional of P150-million is proposed for funding next year for another five-kilometer road traversing Babak-Samal-Kaputian Road Section and San Isidro-Libertad-Ekran Section.
President Aquino stressed that circumferential road boosted the tourism of the city and the country as a whole affirming the slogan ‘It’s more fun in the Philippines.’
“Pagbukas po nito, giginhawa na ang biyahe ng mga nais tumungo sa Pearl Farm Beach Resort para mag-water sports, snorkeling o scuba diving. Puwede rin po silang pumunta sa Tridacna Sanctuary para makita ang pambihira ninyong Giant clams; at syempre sa Samal Botanical Garden, kung saan masasaksihan ang nakakamanghang ganda ng kalikasan.”
Aquino jokingly ordered DPWH Sec. Rogelio Singson to finish the projects even before its scheduled completion on January 2016.
“Kung Disyembre o Nobyembre, hindi kami magtatampo sa iyo (Sec. Singson) na hindi ka tumupad sa usapan na Enero. Okay lang sa amin mapaaga ‘to.”
Aside from the 6.3km inaugurated project, President Aquino also inspected the 4.7-km section of the IGACOS Circumferential Road, which is still under construction. (PIA11, Michael Uy)
It's easy to get started creating your website. Knowing some of the basics will help.
A content management system is software that allows you to create and manage webpages easily by separating the creation of your content from the mechanics required to present it on the web.
In this site, the content is stored in a database. The look and feel are created by a template. Joomla! brings together the template and your content to create web pages.
To login to your site use the user name and password that were created as part of the installation process. Once logged-in you will be able to create and edit articles and modify some settings.
Once you are logged-in, a new menu will be visible. To create a new article, click on the "Submit Article" link on that menu.
The new article interface gives you a lot of options, but all you need to do is add a title and put something in the content area. To make it easy to find, set the state to published.
The look and feel of your site is controlled by a template. You can change the site name, background colour, highlights colour and more by editing the template settings. Click the "Template Settings" in the user menu.
The boxes around the main content of the site are called modules. You can modify modules on the current page by moving your cursor to the module and clicking the edit link. Always be sure to save and close any module you edit.
You can change some site settings such as the site name and description by clicking on the "Site Settings" link.
More advanced options for templates, site settings, modules, and more are available in the site administrator.
Your site actually has two separate sites. The site (also called the front end) is what visitors to your site will see. The administrator (also called the back end) is only used by people managing your site. You can access the administrator by clicking the "Site Administrator" link on the "User Menu" menu (visible once you login) or by adding /administrator to the end of your domain name. The same user name and password are used for both sites.
Published: August 19, 2015
Image Photo by: Paul Lewin
DOON PO SA AMIN in Samal Island, Davao del Norte, you will surely feel amazed on theseemingly endless list of attractions, which explains why it’s regarded as the country’s largest resort city.
Right at the heart of Davao Gulf, the Island Garden City of Samal is technically not attached to the main land of Mindanao. However, the island is very accessible through the east of Davao City. The island also has a mountain range at the eastern coast. There are also hills and some lowlands. There are around 70 resorts in this small island—you can choose to stay in the most expensive or the cheapest one.
Here are the 6 things you may want to do while within the Island Garden City of Samal:
1. Relax at Pearl Farm Beach Resort. While there are 70 resorts to choose from, this is often the most popular pick. This has been synonymous to Davao itself. This is world-class resort known for its intricate design and relaxing ambiance.
2. Spend “me time” at the natural swimming pools of Hagimit Falls. If you want to recharge and spend time away from the bustling city, you can relax as long as you want in this place. You should not miss taking a photo of the huge formations and mammoth shoulders. Everything here is so Instagram-worthy.
3. Hike Mt. Putting Bato. End up amazed with the limestone wall of this mountain. As you reach the top, your jaw will also drop because of the view of the land, sky, and sea.
4. Experience the canopies at Maxima Resort Aqua Fun. You will find this in Barangay Cawag. In case you are afraid of heights, you can still enjoy this but do not dare to look down. You may also try their tarpaulin slide or plunge into the open sea—they have a long list of activities to try.
5. Avail a cruise around the island. If you want to see the 50 beach resorts, you can just take a cruise for a reasonable rate. Service providers, particularly the Islands Banca Cruises Davao will help you experience this.
6. Walk. Well, you can always walk wherever you are. But walking is entirely different in this island. You will surely discover unbeaten paths as you walk.
The Garden City of Samal is certainly one of the must-visit places in the southern part of the Philippines! Tag along your friends, and look for the cheapest fare to get into the island.
- See more at: http://doonposaamin.ph/articles/activities-to-enjoy/6-things-to-do-in-island-garden-city-of-samal#sthash.8BiAzBdy.dpuf