Published: August 19, 2015
Image Photo by: Paul Lewin
DOON PO SA AMIN in Samal Island, Davao del Norte, you will surely feel amazed on theseemingly endless list of attractions, which explains why it’s regarded as the country’s largest resort city.
Right at the heart of Davao Gulf, the Island Garden City of Samal is technically not attached to the main land of Mindanao. However, the island is very accessible through the east of Davao City. The island also has a mountain range at the eastern coast. There are also hills and some lowlands. There are around 70 resorts in this small island—you can choose to stay in the most expensive or the cheapest one.
Here are the 6 things you may want to do while within the Island Garden City of Samal:
1. Relax at Pearl Farm Beach Resort. While there are 70 resorts to choose from, this is often the most popular pick. This has been synonymous to Davao itself. This is world-class resort known for its intricate design and relaxing ambiance.
2. Spend “me time” at the natural swimming pools of Hagimit Falls. If you want to recharge and spend time away from the bustling city, you can relax as long as you want in this place. You should not miss taking a photo of the huge formations and mammoth shoulders. Everything here is so Instagram-worthy.
3. Hike Mt. Putting Bato. End up amazed with the limestone wall of this mountain. As you reach the top, your jaw will also drop because of the view of the land, sky, and sea.
4. Experience the canopies at Maxima Resort Aqua Fun. You will find this in Barangay Cawag. In case you are afraid of heights, you can still enjoy this but do not dare to look down. You may also try their tarpaulin slide or plunge into the open sea—they have a long list of activities to try.
5. Avail a cruise around the island. If you want to see the 50 beach resorts, you can just take a cruise for a reasonable rate. Service providers, particularly the Islands Banca Cruises Davao will help you experience this.
6. Walk. Well, you can always walk wherever you are. But walking is entirely different in this island. You will surely discover unbeaten paths as you walk.
The Garden City of Samal is certainly one of the must-visit places in the southern part of the Philippines! Tag along your friends, and look for the cheapest fare to get into the island.
- See more at: http://doonposaamin.ph/articles/activities-to-enjoy/6-things-to-do-in-island-garden-city-of-samal#sthash.8BiAzBdy.dpuf